The 2020 ACC Meeting of the Minds will take place at the University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill has been canceled.
Dates: March 20-22, 2020
Each year, 5-10 outstanding undergraduate researchers (accompanied by a faculty/staff member) from each ACC university gather at a host university to present their research, either verbally or as a poster. At most universities the student delegates are chosen through a refereeing process. It is truly an honor to be invited to participate in this conference.
- The research is original, student directed, under the advisement of a faculty member.
- Abstracts of each research project are gathered in a conference brochure.
- Verbal presentations are grouped by broad subject matter categories. They involve 15 minutes of presentation followed by 5 minutes of discussion.
- Students presenting their research by poster typically “staff” their presentation and explain their research to other participants, both students and faculty.
- Plenary sessions involve both reflections on the importance of undergraduate research, highlights of research methodologies by distinguished faculty from the host university, and reflections on paths to graduate school and research careers.
- The conference begins with dinner on Friday and ends with lunch on Sunday.
- All expenses are paid by the ACCAC.