Why present at a research conference?
- Share your research findings with others in your field
- Learn what others in the field are doing can lead to new ideas
- Meet others in your field- can lead to new opportunities for collaborative efforts
- Have fun! Meetings are not all business. There are usually opportunities to socialize with your peers and if you arrange your travel plans Appropriately you may be able to sightsee before or following the conference.
In presenting your work you will:
- Grow as a researcher and presenter
- Sharpen your communication skills
- Obtain feedback on your research
- Meet and get to know your peers
- Gain visibility in your field