Undergraduate Research Mentor Award
The Office of Undergraduate Research acknowledges the hard work, time, dedication, and guidance research mentors provide to undergraduate students, which often goes unrecognized. Current undergraduate students are asked to nominate one Virginia Tech faculty or graduate student research mentor from any discipline for the award of Outstanding Undergraduate Research Faculty Mentor.
Deadline: March 1, 2024 at 5:00 p.m.
Information you will need to provide in order to complete the nomination:
- Name, academic department, and email address for the research mentor you wish to nominate (faculty member or graduate student).
- Three (3) adjectives to describe an exceptional undergraduate research mentor.
- A brief explanation of how the nominated research mentor embodies the definition you provided.
- A brief explanation of what sets the nominated research mentor apart from all the rest.
- A brief description of the impact the nominated research mentor has had on you.
- Basic information about you, including your name, academic rank, major, and email address.
If you have any questions about the award or selection process please email Keri Swaby, Director, Office of Undergraduate Research.